Improve your practical Legal English skills with this intensive course for lawyers, law students or recent graduates and employees working in legal departments. Take the TOLES* (Test of Legal English Skills) exam at the end of this intensive course and gain a recognised qualification in Legal English.
This intensive 5-day Legal English course focuses on:
- The accurate use of grammar and vocabulary in both written and spoken English
- Widening your Legal English vocabulary – general and specific
- Developing letter/email writing and drafting skills in good English
- Enhancing pronunciation, negotiating and presentation skills when working in English
- Working with business and contracts vocabulary
- Preparation for the TOLES* Higher/Advanced exam which is taken at the end of the course
- Maximum 5 students per group
Intensive Legal English and TOLES Preparation Courses are taught by fully qualified and experienced Legal English trainers.
A guaranteed maximum of 5 students per group ensures that all students have the opportunity to participate and learn as much as possible.
This course is suitable for lawyers and for employees working in legal departments where the working language is English. The course is also suitable for students of law who wish to learn specific legal vocabulary in English and improve their written English skills.
The course consists of:
10 hours pre-course (5 x 2 hours) Legal English self-study tasks to do in your own country as preparation before the start of the classroom course in Edinburgh. You will be sent exercises focusing on grammar accuracy, vocabulary and Legal English written tasks. These will be emailed to you and corrected prior to your arrival in Edinburgh.
In Edinburgh, you will join a Legal English group with a maximum of 5 students. The course lasts for 30 hours over five days. The focus is on using Legal English in real situations, drafting, negotiating, letter writing and any specific requests.
The TOLES exam is taken at the end of the course and is included in the course price.
At a glance:
- Written assessment and oral Skype interview once you have booked the course
- 30 hours Legal English in Edinburgh. 6 classroom hours per day
- 10 hours pre-arrival tasks (5 x 2 hours). Written tasks emailed and corrected before your arrival in Edinburgh
- TOLES exam at the end of the course is included in the course price
5-day intensive courses are held Saturday to Wednesday. The exam is on a Thursday.
|Course dates 2017||Price|
|Saturday 21st - Wednesday 25th January (TOLES exam 26th January)||£1295|
|Saturday 18th - Wednesday 22nd March (TOLES exam 23rd March)||£1295|
|Saturday 17th - Wednesday 21st June |
(TOLES exam 22nd June)
|Saturday 18th - Wednesday 22nd November (TOLES exam 23rd November)||£1295|
Price includes: All classroom teaching, all teaching materials, pre-arrival written assessment corrections, Skype interview, TOLES exam at end of the course, tea/coffee, attendance certificate & report.
Not included: Flights, accommodation, food
ECS Scotland can arrange conveniently located homestay accommodation with local host families.
From the Friday before your course starts until the Friday after the course finishes. Extra nights are subject to availability.
‘Executive Homestay Accommodation’ private bedroom, private bathroom, breakfast every morning and 6 evening meals - it is £365 per week.
‘Executive B&B Homestay Accommodation’ private bedroom, shared bathroom, breakfast every morning, no evening meals- it is £260 per week.
If you prefer accommodation in a hotel, B&B or apartment, please see www.hotels.tv/ecs-scotland-hotels/ for conveniently located options within 20 minutes walk of ECS Scotland school. Bookings can be made directly via their website. Please note this website is for information only, ECS Scotland is not responsible for any accommodation bookings made via Hotels.tv