Medical English courses combine working in a small group of a maximum of 5 students in the mornings to develop general English speaking and listening skills with 1-to-1 Medical English classes in the afternoons.
The 1-to-1 Medical English lessons will focus on your individual needs, taking into account your specific line of work. Medical English courses are suitable for doctors, nurses, dentists, pharmacists, students of medicine and other professionals working in the medical sector.
What to expect:
- improve general and social English language skills and your pronunciation
- enhance your communication skills for dealing with English-speaking patients and colleagues
- raise awareness of intercultural issues and ‘international English’
- develop specific vocabulary and expressions for English used in the medical sector
- practise giving presentations in English or taking a patient history, if necessary
- work on writing medical reports, emails or case studies
- work on your specific requests
- join one afternoon excursion per week to a place of cultural interest = 3 extra hours of spoken English and listening practice
- 25 or 30 hours per week
- Start any Monday
- Suitable for elementary to advanced level (A2 – C2)
- Minimum age 18
- Average age of group 25 – 55+
View the timetable here
You will be emailed a 'Needs Analysis' form to complete before the start of your course. During your first 1-to-1 lesson you and your teacher will put together a study plan for your course. We encourage you to be active in the preparation and content of your course.
Medical English Combination Course prices per week 2017
|Total hours per week |
(1 hour = 60 minutes)
|General English group maximum 5 students||Medical English |
|Price (GBP) per week|
|25 hours per week||20 hours||5 hours||1-3 weeks = £595 |
4-6 weeks = £575
|25 hours per week||15 hours||10 hours||1-3 weeks = £720 |
4-6 weeks = £695
|30 hours per week||20 hours||10 hours||1-3 weeks = £775 |
4-6 weeks = £760
|30 hours per week||15 hours||15 hours||1-3 weeks = £875 |
4-6 weeks = £860
*for Medical English Combination Courses of 7 weeks or more, prices are available on request.
We also offer individual tuition. Please see this course here: Medical English course - Individual tuition
All teaching, all materials, one weekly afternoon excursion, tea and coffee at break time, guided self-study, use of books & DVDs, certificate of attendance, end of course progress report, internet/WiFi.