Academic English courses are held every summer for students who would like to improve their English language skills for academic purposes before starting their studies at an English speaking university. This course is also suitable for students studying for the Academic IELTS exam.
The course in an excellent opportunity to develop English skills in an academic context before starting a degree or masters degree course at university.
What to expect:
- Practise note taking and summarising text
- Give presentations and work on pronunciation
- Develop reference and citation skills in English
- Refine reading skills
- Learn to pick out key points in lectures and talks
- Work on grammatical accuracy
- Expand vocabulary in an academic context
- 4-week course (12th August - 6th September 2019)
- 15 hours per week of contact classes + approximately 7 hours per week of guided self-study in the form of readings, writings and presentation preparation
- Join one afternoon excursion per week to a place of cultural interest = 3 extra hours of spoken English and listening practice
- From strong intermediate to advanced level (B1+ - C1)
- Minimum age 18
The course can be combined with a General English in the afternoons.
|-||Academic English only |
15 hours per week
|Academic & General English |
20 hours per week
|12th August – 6th September 2019 ||£1300||£1400|
All teaching, all materials, one weekly afternoon excursion, tea and coffee at break time, guided self-study, use of books & DVDs, certificate of attendance, end of course progress report, internet/WiFi.