The BULATS Business English courses combines 50 hours online self-study material before you arrive in Edinburgh with 2 weeks of intensive English classes in person at ECS Scotland.
In Edinburgh you will join a general English class in the mornings to improve general vocabulary, speaking and listening communication skills in a small group of up to 5 students. In the afternoons you will have 1-to-1 Business English classes with BULATS exam preparation, if required. The BULATS exam can be taken on the last day of your course.
BULATS (Business Language Testing Service) is an exam which tests practical business English language for the workplace, all tasks and topics are set in real-life work situations.
It is possible to follow the course without sitting the exam, all the course material is appropriate for employees who need to work with English in a business context. However, sitting the exam will give you the opportunity to gain a certificate in English and give you more confidence when working in English. The exam consists of 3 parts which can be taken individually or together; Reading & Listening, Speaking, Writing.
What to expect:
- develop general and business English vocabulary so you can improve fluency and express yourself precisely with foreign colleagues and clients
- improve your pronunciation and speaking skills for giving presentations and taking part in negotiations
- fine tune your listening skills for different native and non-native accents to help follow telephone/conference calls, meetings
- improve your writing skills for emails, memos, reports
- review grammar points, as required
- have the opportunity to request specific topics related to your work
- 110 hours (50 hours online self-study + 60 hours in person at ECS Scotland)
- Start date: flexible
- Suitable for intermediate to advanced level (B1 - C1)
- Minimum age 18
- Average age 25 - 55
- General English class size = maximum 5 students
- BULATS Business English = 1-to-1
- 4 x 25 minutes Skype language assessment and tutorials before arrival
|BULATS Business English combination course||£1985|
All teaching, materials, BULATS online materials, one weekly afternoon excursion, tea and coffee at breaktime, guided self-study, use of library books & DVDs, certificate of attendance, end of course progress report, internet/WiFi.
Please note that the course includes the Reading & Listening exam. For more information about the BULATS exam, please see here (www.bulats.org)
|BULATS exam fees:|
|Reading & Listening exam||£50|
|All 3 exams at the same time||£175|