The English for Tourism Services course combines working in a small group in the mornings to develop general English speaking and listening communication skills with one-to-one classes in the afternoons. The one-to-one classes focus on individual needs and will develop your vocabulary and language skills related to the area of tourism you work in.
We will send you a needs analysis form before your arrival and ask you to give us specific details about your sector and your precise English requirements. Popular requests include hotel services language, reception or information desk services; giving city and country tourism information, explaining possible day trips or concerts and activities, booking accommodation, reserving travel tickets; explaining restaurant and eating options; guided tours and itinerary planning.
This course is suitable for employees working in a variety of tourism industry areas such as hotels and accommodation facilities, information centres, tourist attractions and public transport services. In addition, staff working as guides, rangers, tour managers, travel consultants, resort workers, hospitality and catering staff and other tourist related industry services will find this course useful.
What to expect:
- develop general English fluency so you can express yourself precisely with foreign colleagues and clients
- learn specific tourism and topic based vocabulary for your area of work
- improve your pronunciation
- fine tune your listening skills
- review grammar points as needed
- prepare presentations, write emails or tourist information, if required
- have your questions answered and work on your specific requests
- visit tourist sites in Edinburgh, either in your own time or with your 1-to-1 teacher
- join one afternoon excursion per week to a place of cultural interest = 3 hours extra of speaking and listening practice
- 25 or 30 hours per week. View timetable options here
- Start any Monday
- Suitable for pre-intermediate to advanced level (A2 - C1)
- Minimum age 18
- Average age 25 - 55+
- General English group = maximum 5 students
- English for Tourism Services = 1-to-1
We recommend this course is taken as a Combination Course. However, if you prefer one-to-one lessons only, please email us for a personal quote.
|Total hours per week |
(1 hour = 60 minutes)
|General English group maximum 5 students||Tourism Services English |
|Price (GBP) per week|
|25 hours per week||20 hours||5 hours||1-3 weeks =£610 |
4-6 weeks =£595
|25 hours per week||15 hours||10 hours||1-3 weeks =£775 |
4-6 weeks =£750
|30 hours per week||20 hours||10 hours||1-3 weeks =£820 |
4-6 weeks =£800
|30 hours per week||15 hours||15 hours||1-3 weeks =£925 |
4-6 weeks =£905
*for Combination Courses of 7 weeks or more, prices are available on request.
All teaching, all materials, one weekly afternoon excursion, tea and coffee at break time, guided self-study, use of books & DVDs, certificate of attendance, end of course progress report, internet/WiFi.