English for Environmental Science courses combine working in a small group of a maximum of 5 students in the mornings to develop general English speaking and listening skills with 1-to-1 Environmental English classes in the afternoons.
The 1-to-1 classes will focus on your individual needs and will develop your English vocabulary and communication skills in an environmental context, taking into account your specific line of work. English for Environmental Science courses are suitable for professionals working in a wide range of environmental contexts such as landscape, geological or ecosystem surveying, renewable energy, meteorology, ecology, hydrology, as well as park rangers, tourist guides and research students.
What to expect:
- develop your general English and specific vocabulary to describe geographical features, topography and land use
- discuss environmental issues: global warming, resource management, invasive species, marine conservation
- practise giving presentations and guided walks
- receive help with producing visitor information: brochures, leaflets, signs, panels
- enhance your communication skills with English speaking clients and colleagues
- raise your awareness of intercultural issues and ‘global English’
- work on your specific requests
- have some lessons outdoors, if required
- join one afternoon excursion per week to a place of cultural interest = 3 extra hours of spoken English and listening practice
- 25 or 30 hours per week
- Start any Monday
- Suitable for elementary to advanced level (A2 – C2)
- Minimum age 18
- Average age of group 25 – 55+
You will be emailed a 'Needs Analysis' form to complete before the start of your course. During your first 1-to-1 lesson you and your teacher will put together a study plan for your course. We encourage you to be active in the preparation and design of your course.
View the timetable here
English for Environmental Science Combination Course prices per week 2017
|Total hours per week |
(1 hour = 60 minutes)
|General English group maximum 5 students||Environmental Science 1-to-1||Price (GBP) per week|
|25 hours per week||20 hours||5 hours||1-3 weeks = £595 |
4-6 weeks = £575
|25 hours per week||15 hours||10 hours||1-3 weeks = £720 |
4-6 weeks = £695
|30 hours per week||20 hours||10 hours||1-3 weeks = £775 |
4-6 weeks = £760
|30 hours per week||15 hours||15 hours||1-3 weeks = £875 |
4-6 weeks = £860
*for English for Environmental Science Combination Courses of 7 weeks or more, prices are available on request. We also offer this course as individual tuition only. Please see this course here
All teaching, all materials, one weekly afternoon excursion, tea and coffee at break time, guided self-study, use of books & DVDs, certificate of attendance, end of course progress report, internet/WiFi.