Cambridge exam preparation courses are for students who want to prepare for any of the Cambridge English exams such as Cambridge English: First (formally FCE) and Cambridge English: Advanced (formally CAE).
Cambridge courses are now held as Combination Courses with General English in a group and exam preparation as a 1-to-1 classes, focusing on the specific exam you are preparing for.
You will improve your general English speaking and listening communication as well as exam techniques, vocabulary, grammar and skills relevant for the exam.
What to expect:
- Expand vocabulary areas suitable for general topics & for the specific exam
- Give presentations and work on pronunciation
- Improve communication skills in English
- Work on grammatical accuracy
- Practise past exam papers: reading, writing & listening
- Do mock speaking exams under test conditions
- 15 or 20 hours per week General English in a group
- 5, 10, 15 hours per week specific Exam Preparation one-to-one
- Have one afternoon excursion per week to a place of cultural interest = 3 extra hours of spoken English and listening practice
- From intermediate to advanced level (B1 – C1)
- Minimum age 18
To find a Cambridge Exam Centre in the UK or in your home country, see here: www.cambridgeenglish.org/find-a-centre/find-an-exam-centre/
You are responsible for booking the exam on a suitable date and location. Cambridge exams cost between 85 GBP - 150 GBP depending on which exam you sit. The cost of the exam is not included in the course price.
Price includes: all teaching, all materials, one afternoon excursion per week, tea and coffee at break time, guided self-study, use of books & DVDs, certificate of attendance, end of course progress report, internet/WiFi.
If you wish to study for 7 weeks or more, please emails us for a personal quote.
|Total hours per week (1 hour = 60 minutes)||General English group maximum 5 students||Exam Preparation 1-to-1||Price (GBP) per week|
|25 hours per week||20 hours||5 hours||1 - 3 weeks = £595 4 - 6 weeks = £575|
|25 hours per week||15 hours||10 hours||1 - 3 weeks = £740 4 - 6 weeks = £695|
|30 hours per week||20 hours||10 hours||1 - 3 weeks = £780 4 - 6 weeks = £760|
|30 hours per week||15 hours||15 hours||1 - 3 weeks = £885 4 - 6 weeks = £865|