The International English Language Testing System (IELTS) is one of the world’s most popular English tests to gain entry to work or study in an English-speaking country or university. You can choose to study for either the General IELTS or Academic IELTS exams. For more information about the IELTS exam, see here.
IELTS exam preparation courses are for students who want to prepare for the exam in a small group with a maximum of 5 students. IELTS exam courses are also suitable for students who need to improve general Academic English skills.
What to expect:
- Expand vocabulary areas suitable for general topics & for IELTS exam
- Give presentations and work on pronunciation
- Improve speaking and listening communication skills in English
- Work on grammatical accuracy
- Practise past exam papers: reading, writing & listening
- Do mock speaking exams under test conditions
- Join one afternoon excursion per week to a place of cultural interest = 3 extra hours of spoken English and listening practice
- Full time: IELTS exam preparation courses consist of 25 hours tuition per week. You will be in a General English group in the mornings to focus on speaking and listening communication skills and in an IELTS preparation group in the afternoons
- Part time: IELTS exam preparation courses consist of 10 hours tuition per week in the afternoons, focusing only on exam skills
- Suitable for intermediate to advanced level (B1 – C1)
- Minimum age 18
- Start every Monday
View the timetable here
For 2018 IELTS exam dates in Edinburgh see here for details
|-||1 – 3 weeks||4 weeks||8 weeks|
(25 hours per week)
(10 hours per week)
For IELTS courses of more than 8 weeks, please contact us for a personal quote.
All teaching, all materials, one weekly afternoon excursion, tea and coffee at break time, guided self-study, use of books & DVDs, certificate of attendance, end of course progress report, internet/WiFi.
The IELTS exam costs 160 GBP. The exam fee is not included in the course price.