Improve both your General English communication skills and practical Legal English skills. Take the TOLES* (Test of Legal English Skills) exam at the end of the course and gain a recognised qualification in Legal English.
This intensive 4-week Legal English course focuses on:
- The accurate use of grammar and vocabulary in both written and spoken English
- Developing your General English vocabulary, pronunciation and listening skills
- Widening your Legal English vocabulary – general and specific
- Developing letter/email writing and drafting skills in good English
- Enhancing negotiating and presentation skills when working in English
- Working with business and contracts vocabulary
- Preparation for the TOLES* Higher/Advanced exam which is taken at the end of the course
- Maximum 5 students per group
Intensive Legal English and TOLES Preparation Courses are taught by fully qualified and experienced Legal English trainers.
A guaranteed maximum of 5 students per group ensures that all students have the opportunity to participate and learn as much as possible in a short amount of time.
This course is suitable for lawyers and for employees working in legal departments where the working language is English. The course is also suitable for students of law who wish to learn specific legal vocabulary in English and improve their written English skills.
The course consists of:
10 hours pre-course (5 x 2 hours) Legal English self-study tasks to do in your own country as preparation before the start of the classroom course in Edinburgh.
You will be sent exercises focusing on grammar accuracy, vocabulary and Legal English written tasks. These will be emailed to you and corrected prior to your arrival in Edinburgh.
In Edinburgh, you will join a General English small group in the mornings to engage in vocabulary building exercises and group discussions. The aim is to develop your communication skills in English and learn to use the language naturally. Maximum 5 students per group.
In the afternoons, you will join a Legal English group with a maximum of 5 students. The focus is on using Legal English in real situations, drafting, negotiating, letter writing and any specific requests.
The TOLES exam is taken at the end of the course and is included in the course price.
At a glance:
- Course dates (Monday 31st July - Friday 25th August 2017)
- Written assessment and oral Skype interview once you have booked the course
- 10 hours pre-arrival tasks (5 x 2 hours). Written tasks emailed and corrected before arrival in Edinburgh
- General English in the mornings (60 hours)
- Legal English in the afternoons (50 hours)
- 4 afternoon excursions to places of cultural interest
- TOLES exam is included in the price (the exam takes place on 24th August 2017)
Course price 2017
|4 Weeks: 31st July - 25th August 2017|
All classroom teaching, all teaching materials, pre-arrival written assessments and corrections, Skype interview, TOLES exam at end of the course, tea/coffee, attendance certificate & report.
We advise early booking in order for you to have enough time to do the pre-course written tasks. We also recommend booking courses and accommodation for August as far in advance as possible.