Terms and Conditions
Please read our terms and conditions before booking your course.
1. All ECS Scotland course fees include:
Tuition hours as stated in your letter of confirmation and invoice (1 hour = 60 minutes), Zoom call and assessment before arrival, use of all course materials and self-study facilities, attendance certificate and progress report, coffee/tea at break times
2. Group Courses and Combination Courses
- Please note all group classes are in a multi-level group for students with a B1 - C1 level of English.
- Clients with a A1, A2 or C2 level of will be offered an Individual Tuition (1-to-1) course
- The focus of all group courses, unless specifically specified, is improvement of speaking and listening communication skills
- During July, August and peak periods ECS Scotland may hold some classes in additional premises near the school
- Complete application form online here or email the electronic version
- Check availability of course dates before sending deposit
- Send a deposit of £250 to confirm your place on the course
- For homestay accommodation, a one week accommodation fee is payable to confirm homestay accommodation
- When we receive your deposit, we will send a letter of confirmation and invoice by email.
- Full payment must be received at least two weeks prior to the course start date.
- Payment of deposit and full course fees to be made via Flywire https://www.flywire.com/pay/ecsscotland
4. Course cancellations, Date Changes & Insurance
- If the course is cancelled 30 days or more before the course start date, money paid will be returned minus a £150 administration fee
- If the course is cancelled 29 days or less before the booked start date, the £250 deposit for the course will be charged and one week accommodation fee (if applicable). Other money paid will be returned
- If the course is cancelled due to a Visa application refusal, send documentary evidence of the refusal with the ECO signature and date of refusal. Course fees will then be refunded minus a £150 administration charge and minus any bank fees applicable.
- To cancel or change a course which has started, a client must give 10 days’ written notice to the Principal (two full study weeks, Monday to Friday). A cancellation fee equivalent to 1 week’s course fees will be charged from the end of the 10 days notice.
- Clients are advised to ensure that they have appropriate medical and travel insurance for the period of their stay in the U.K. Clients should ensure their insurance covers cancellation of the course, travel and repatriation costs. ECS Scotland does not provide insurance or sickness cover for clients
- ECS Scotland cannot be held responsible for any accident during a journey to or from the place of study
- Refunds are not given due to client’s illness, absence or other causes during the period of the course
- ECS Scotland reserves the right not to allow on the course a student suffering from any illness, medical condition or mental/physical disability which has not been previously disclosed on the application form or in writing to the Principal
- ECS Scotland accepts students from all over the world. Tolerance of other nationalities, religions and races is expected from all clients. No racial, verbal, sexual or physical abuse will be tolerated in any form or to anyone (staff and students). This includes rudeness, harassment, bullying, violence or damage to personal property for any reason. If a complaint is made against a client by another client or a teacher, the client may be asked to leave the course or to change class. No refunds will be made to clients asked to leave a course due to harassment, bullying, abuse or intolerance.
- All bank charges for cancelled courses will be charged to the client
5. Homestay accommodation
- Homestay accommodation is provided on arrival from the Sunday before the course begins until the Saturday after the course ends. Any extra nights are subject to availability at the time of booking. Clients should aim arrive at their homestay between 9am and 10pm. If hosts are not able to accept clients arriving between 10pm - 9am, you will be asked to book a hotel for your first night
- Meals in homestay accommodation are provided as stated in the client’s confirmation letter
- No refunds are made if the client chooses to leave their homestay accommodation early
- Changes to arrangements can be discussed on an individual basis but availability is not immediately guaranteed. If the client or the host is unhappy with the accommodation arrangement, the school will try to make alternative arrangements as soon as possible.
6. Data Protection & Personal Information
- ECS Scotland may use the information a client gives us during the application process to perform our services. Information is kept securely on our computer system and client record
- ECS Scotland does not share details with third parties, unless legally required to by our accreditation bodies (the British Council and English UK) or the United Kingdom or Scottish governments
- ECS Scotland may occasionally contact you to inform you about new courses or updates from the school. If you do not wish to receive information, please email [email protected] or unsubscribe from the mailing list via the email you receive
7. Methods of Payment
- International payments from non-UK bank accounts are to be made via Flywire. Payments are accepted via bank transfer, credit or debit card https://www.flywire.com/pay/ecsscotland
- For payments made from a UK bank account, please contact us for bank details
8. Information about ECS Scotland
‘ECS Scotland’ is the trading name for E C SCOTLAND LIMITED, a company registered in Scotland under company number 426926 with its registered office at: 17 Young Street, Edinburgh, EH2 4HU. Telephone: +44 (0)131 226 5262. Email: [email protected] Website: www.ecsscotland.co.uk