Terms and Conditions
Please read our terms and conditions before booking your course.
1. All ECS Scotland course fees include:
Tuition hours as stated in your letter of confirmation and invoice (1 hour = 60 minutes), use of all course materials and self-study facilities, attendance certificate and progress report, coffee/tea at break times
2. Group tuition courses
If a suitable group course is not available, clients will be offered an alternative course consisting of a combination of 1:1 teaching and directed self-study for some or all of their course.
- the English for Effective Communication group courses are multi-level group courses for students with a B1 - C1 level of English.
- the 10-hour Speaking & Listening group course as part of a Combination Course is a multi-level group course for students with a B1 - C1 level of English.
- Complete application form online here or email the electronic version
- Check availability of course dates before sending deposit
- Send a deposit of £250 to confirm the course
- When we receive a deposit, we will send a letter of confirmation and invoice by email.
- Full payment must be received at least two weeks prior to the course if paying Flywire https://www.flywire.com/pay/ecsscotland
4. Cancellations, Date Changes & Insurance
- COVID-19 UPDATE to Terms & Conditions
- If you are unable to travel due to Government restrictions imposed on travel in the United Kingdom, Scotland or your home country you can cancel your course or change to an online course. If you wish to cancel, money paid for the course and accommodation will be refunded less a £150 administration fee.
- If you or any of your party has Covid-19 at the time of your intended travel, you will be issued with a credit note and have the option to defer your course to a new date within 18 months of your original arrival date at no additional cost. Proof of illness may be requested.
- If your original course is not available for new dates of travel, you will be offered a suitable alternative. If you upgrade your course, the price difference may be charged.
- If you develop Covid-19 symptoms while in Edinburgh and during the time of your course, you will be asked not to come into the school. You will be offered online teaching during any period of necessary quarantine.
- If you develop Covid-19 symptoms while in Edinburgh and need to extend your stay due to quarantine regulations, extra accommodation fees incurred will be charged to the client. Please note it may be necessary to change accommodation depending on the circumstances. Any such incident will be taken on a case by case basis after discussion with all parties involved.
- All necessary PCR tests will be paid by the client.
- All bank charges for cancelled courses will be charged to the client.
- If you are unable or unwilling to travel for any other reason, our normal cancellation terms apply
- If the course or accommodation is cancelled 30 days or more before the course start date, money paid will be returned minus a £150 administration fee
- If the course or accommodation is cancelled 29 days or less before the booked start date, the £250 deposit for the course will be charged and one week's accommodation will be charged. Other money paid will be returned
- If the course is cancelled due to a Visa application refusal, send documentary evidence of the refusal with the ECO signature and date of refusal. Course and accommodation fees will then be refunded minus a £75 administration charge and minus any bank fees applicable.
- To cancel or change a course which has started, a client must give 10 days’ written notice to the Principal (two full study weeks, Monday to Friday). A cancellation fee equivalent to 1 week’s course fees will be charged from the end of the 10 days notice.
- Changes to course dates and homestay accommodation made 30 days or more before arrival are subject to availability and an administration charge of £50
- Changes to course and homestay accommodation dates made 29 days or less before arrival are subject to availability and an administration charge of £100
- Clients are advised to ensure that they have appropriate medical and travel insurance for the period of their stay in the U.K. Clients should ensure their insurance covers cancellation of the course, travel and repatriation costs. ECS Scotland does not provide insurance or sickness cover for clients
- ECS Scotland acts only as an intermediary between its clients and homestay hosts or travel organisations and cannot be held responsible for any accident during a journey to or from the place of study, nor for any incident which may happen during the client’s stay with a homestay host or in alternative accommodation
- Refunds are not given due to client’s illness, absence or other causes during the period of the course
- ECS Scotland reserves the right not to allow on the course a student suffering from any illness, medical condition or mental/physical disability which has not been previously disclosed on the application form or in writing to the Principal
- All bank charges for cancelled courses will be charged to the client
5. Homestay accommodation
- Homestay accommodation is provided on arrival from the Sunday before the course begins until the Saturday after the course ends. Any extra nights are subject to availability at the time of booking. Clients should arrive at their homestay between 9am and 10pm. If hosts are not able to accept clients arriving between 10pm - 9am, you will be asked to book a hotel for your first night
- Meals in homestay accommodation are provided as stated in the client’s confirmation letter
- No refunds are made if the client leaves their accommodation early. Changes to arrangements can be discussed on an individual basis but availability is not guaranteed
6. Data Protection & Personal Information
- ECS Scotland may use the information a client gives us during the application process to perform our services and arrange homestay accommodation. Information is kept securely on our computer system and client record
- ECS Scotland does not share details with third parties, unless legally required to by our accreditation bodies (the British Council and English UK) or the United Kingdom or Scottish government
- ECS Scotland may occasionally contact you to inform you about new courses or updates from the school. If you do not wish to receive information, please email [email protected] or unsubscribe from the mailing list via the email you receive
7. Methods of Payment
- International payments from non-UK bank accounts are to be made via Flywire. Payments are accepted via bank transfer, credit or debit card https://www.flywire.com/pay/ecsscotland
- For payments made from a UK bank account, please contact us for bank details
8. Information about ECS Scotland
‘ECS Scotland’ is the trading name for E C SCOTLAND LIMITED, a company registered in Scotland under company number 426926 with its registered office at: 17 Young Street, Edinburgh, EH2 4HU. Telephone: +44 (0)131 226 5262. Email: [email protected] Website: www.ecsscotland.co.uk