What's the difference between the 'present simple' and 'present continuous' forms in English? Can you remember which one is used for which? Let's review it now.
Remember present simple is for:
- routines, every day/ every week activities
- things or activities we do regularly
- facts and truths
- permanent situations
Remember present continuous is for:
- things that are happening at the moment of speaking
- temporary situations
- activities that are in progress
Improve your listening and see some more examples
Are the sentences correct or incorrect?
- Beavers are living in Scotland.
Incorrect. Beavers live in Scotland.
- Joe is staying with me until she is better.
- "Where's Alex?" "Oh, he flies to Rome right now!"
Incorrect. He is flying to Rome right now!
- I am working in a school. I started there 12 years ago.
Incorrect. I work in a school.
- I go for a walk most days.