Business reports should be written in a formal and concise style. The aims of the report should be clearly stated in the introduction and the report should end with an appropriate conclusion. The key information should be separated into clearly defined sections using concise sub-headings. Bullet points can be an effective way to summarise key information. It is important to plan well to make sure the report includes all the required information.
Report writing tips
- - Organise your ideas and information
- - Use clear and concise language
- - Proofread your writing
- - Use visuals
- - Remember who you are writing for
Find some more tips in this video
Find these answers in the video:
- What is the main purpose of a report?
To investigate an issue and report back with suggestions and recommendations
- What should you remember to keep a record of?
The source details of any information you use in your report
- What three things do you want the reader to understand?
The issue being investigated; the analysis of the findings; the recommendations or implications based on the findings
Our business or academic English classes can help you improve your report writing, as well as gain general confidence in English.