If you are feeling a bit under the weather during your stay in Edinburgh, why not try one of our traditional pick me ups?
A hot toddy is the perfect tonic. It can be made with or without alcohol. There are many different combinations to try.
For example, warm apple juice, honey, lemon and a splash of whisky. Or lemon, honey and Drambuie.
However you choose to drink it, we hope it warms you from the inside out.
- 60ml water
- 3 cloves
- Cinnamon stick
- 1cm piece of ginger, peeled and sliced
- 1 strip of lemon peel
- 60ml whisky
- 2tsp honey
- 1-2 tsp lemon juice
- Grating of nutmeg
- Put the water in a small pan along with the spices and peel over a low heat.
- Bring to a gentle simmer.
- Meanwhile rinse a heatproof glass with hot water and dry.
- Pour the whisky into your warmed glass, then pour over hot water and spices.
- Stir in the honey and lemon juice and taste for sweetness.
- Top with a little nutmeg, breathe in deeply and enjoy!
A HOT TODDY IS THE PERFECT TONIC AND CAN BE MADE WITH OR WITHOUT ALCOHOL
Choose an activity
- Watch the video to practise listening to a native speaker.
- Compare the recipe in the video with the one above and notice any differences.
- Click below on LEARN MORE for drinks to make at home.