English Portuguese Italian French German Spanish

Council tax

Council tax in Edinburgh

If you plan to live in the UK for more than a few months, it may be necessary for you to pay council tax for your house or flat. 

Council Tax payments are made to the local council to pay for public services such as roads, hospitals, the police, schools, rubbish collection and so on.  The amount you pay depends on the size of your house, the area you live in and how many people live in the house.  If you plan to share a flat, we recommend you find out about the Council Tax arrangements in advance.

If you are student, you might not have to pay the full fees.  Please ask the school for a letter of confirmation of study.  Click here to find our more about council tax in Edinburgh.

Edinburgh Web Design