Remember adverbs of frequency are used in everyday English to answer the question "How often...". They are words like 'usually', 'sometimes', 'always' and 'never'.
- I always have toast for breakfast.
- Ben usually goes to the gym on a Monday.
- Karl sometimes goes for a walk at the weekend.
- Lindsay often phones her friends in the evening.
- My neighbours rarely make a noise except for today.
- We hardly ever visit the cinema anymore.
- You never eat haggis with jelly.
Watch the video to review adverbs of frequency.
Which adverbs of frequency are missing in the sentence?
- She will _________ see him again.
- Ben isn't _____ early for work.
- Euan and Lindsay ________ _______ go on holiday in December.
- Do you ________ go to work by car?
usually, often, sometimes
- Does your teacher ______ finish class early?