Remember that a noun can be countable ~ things you can count, pens, chairs, books or uncountable that can be counted or have an 's' ~ things like water, coffee, sugar, flour, information and advice.
Examples of countable nouns:
- I made lots of friends.
- There is 3 parcels for you.
- I have 1 dog and 2 cats.
- Why do you have 100s of pens in your handbag?
Examples of uncountable nouns:
- I have plenty of bread at home.
- Do you have any money?
- Where can I leave my luggage?
- Where can I find lots of information?
- Let me give you some advice.
If you are short of time "review in two" with the video.
Are the sentences correct or incorrect?
- We have very few problems.
- Would you like 7 chocolate?
Incorrect. Would you like some chocolate?
- How many peoples have you sent the email to?
Incorrect. How many people have you sent the email to?
- I need an information about the course.
Incorrect. I need some information about the course.
- Can you give me some advices?
Incorrect. Can you give me some advice?