Another important speaking skill in English is asking for directions. However, that is just the start you then need to be able to understand the answer.
Examples of useful questions:
- Where's the nearest cafe/ bookshop/ supermarket?
- How do I get to the library/ castle/ museum?
- What's the quickest way to the bus stop?
- How far is the taxi rank?
- Where is the tourist information office?
- Can you show me on this map?
- How long does it take to walk there?
Watch the video and join in when Andres asks you to.
Say the missing word.
- Go _______ on.
- _____ past the supermarket.
- It's the shop next to the library _____ the left.
- _____ the roundabout turn right.
- Then ______ the first right on to Young Street.
- Where's the ________ supermarket?
- How _____ I get to the bank?