Let's start with the linkers 'and', 'but' and 'or'. Can you remember how and why we use them?
Remember 'and', 'but' and 'or' are used when joining 2 simple sentences together. For example:
I like watching English films. I like watching French films. ->
I like watching French and English speaking films.
I like watching French films but not English ones.
I like watching French or English films but not German ones.
Do you know which linker to use?
- I enjoy Spanish _____ Italian TV shows.
- I like coffee ____ tea.
- I'm from Edinburgh _____ I work as a teacher.
- I'm Japanese ______ I live in Edinburgh.
- I have a cat ______ three dogs.
- I like dogs _____ I'm not a fan of cats.