We use linking words such as 'before', 'after' 'when' and 'while' to connect an action/event/situation to a point in time.
- She was a great dancer when she was young.
- We have to turn our music down after everyone goes to sleep.
- He needs to brush his teeth before he goes to bed.
- They didn't leave the house while they were in lockdown.
Now improve your listening by watching this video on linkers
Which linker goes in the space?
- Can you wait in the car ______ I go get some milk?
- Tom will pick you up ______ school.
- Jonny is going home ______ he goes to the gym.
- _______ we were in Italy, we visited as many vineyards as possible.