Remember we use linkers/ conjunctions like 'before' and 'after' to tell our listener about the order of events. These conjunctions are connected to time in English.
- She was a great dancer when she was young.
- We have to turn our music down after everyone goes to sleep.
- He needs to brush his teeth before he goes to bed.
- They didn't leave the house while they were in lockdown.
Now improve your listening by watching the video on linkers
Which linker goes in the space?
- Can you wait in the car ______ I go get some milk?
- Lindsay will pick you up ______ school.
- Jonny will go home ______ he goes to the gym.
- _______ we were in Italy, we visited as many vineyards as possible.