The price of property varies wildly in different parts of the country. More and more younger people and first time buyers are finding it increasingly difficult to get onto the "property ladder". The government has introduced a number of schemes to provide incentives for first time buyers but, for many, the high prices of property are still an insurmountable barrier. In the UK, home ownership is a cultural issue as well as a financial one. How importantant is home ownership in your country?
Watch the video and answer the following five questions.
- When is the busiest time of the year for the property market?
- Why have prices fallen slightly recently?
Because of Brexit.
- Which properties have defied the national trend?
Properties in the prime residential market.
- What is the percentage increase in average sale values in Edinburgh?
- What is the percentage growth in Glasgow?