Course Profile: Group
The first part of the day will take place in the school. You will take part in a general English speaking and listening group class. Reflecting real world and workplace multi-level communication scenarios, learn how to communicate effectively across differing levels of English and cultures.
If you prefer a 1-to-1 class to focus on specific English for work, that is also possible.
After a coffee break we will leave the school and walk together to the yoga studio. It will take approximately 30/45 minutes, giving us the chance to take in some of Edinburgh's cityscape, have a chat and get some fresh air before taking part in the yoga class.
Each day you will have a 2-hour wellbeing workshop and yoga class.
Please note this is a multi-level course for B1 to C1 participants.
What to expect on the English course:
- Practise your conversation and small talk skills
- Discuss topics such as cityscape, work, cultural differences and current affairs
- Fine tune your listening skills
- Receive corrective feedback to help improve your fluency and accuracy
What to expect on the Yoga and Wellbeing course:
- Reflect on how we currently look after our own wellbeing and how our environment or culture might impact this
- Learn about the neurophysiology associated with the stress response, and how chronic stress impacts us physically and emotionally
- Understand how mind/body practices can help us to effectively counteract the impact of working/living in busy and challenging settings
- Develop practical strategies to help when feeling overwhelmed
- Consider how looking after our individual wellbeing can have a positive impact and enrich our environments
- Understand the importance of digital detox
Intermediate B1 — Advanced C1
- Course dates 2024:
- 26th February - 1st March 2024 (book by 25th January 2024)
- 22nd - 26th April 2024(book by 22nd March 2024)
- 10th - 14th June 2024 (book by 10th May 2024)
- 15th - 19th July 2024 (book by 14th June 2024)
- 19th - 23rd August 2024 (book by 19th July 2024)
- 25th - 29th November 2024 (book by 25th October 2024)
- 24 hours (10 hours English course in school, 4 hours walk & talk outside + 10 Yoga & Wellbeing)
- Multi-level speaking & listening group B1 - C1
- Maximum 5 per English class
- Maximum 10 per Yoga & Wellbeing class
- No yoga experience necessary. Experienced yogis welcome. Yoga classes and movement will be adapted to the level of individuals. Various options for each posture are available depending on physical ability and experience.
- Yoga mat will be provided at the yoga studio. Please bring comfortable and loose clothing for yoga practice.
- Minimum age 30
Edinburgh Community Yoga is a not-for-profit Social Enterprise with all profits from this yoga course going back into their outreach programs which make yoga available for people affected by trauma and poor mental health. By joining this course you will be helping support the development and sustainability of this work in Edinburgh and the surrounding areas.
|Total hours per week||Total price per week|
|24 hours (10 English group, 4 walk & talk group + 10 Yoga & Wellness)||625 GBP|
|24 hours (10 English 1-to-1, 4 walk & talk group + 10 Yoga & Wellness)||850 GBP|
Total hours per week: 24 hours (10 English group, 4 walk & talk group + 10 Yoga & Wellness)
Total price per week: 625 GBP
Total hours per week: 24 hours (10 English 1-to-1, 4 walk & talk group + 10 Yoga & Wellness)
Total price per week: 850 GBP
- All English teaching
- All yoga teaching and wellbeing workshop
- Course materials
- Tea/Coffee at break at ECS Scotland
- WiFi at ECS Scotland
- Use of self-study material
- Attendance Certificate
- Personal language report