It has never been easier to keep up to date with the latest business news from around the world. The Economist, for example, is one of the world's most respected publications. You can read a selection of free articles on their website to improve your business English vocabulary. There are many other good publications to try such as The Financial Times, Reuters, Independent, BBC Business News and many more.
What to look out for when reading the news.
Tips to improve your business English vocabulary
- - Watch different kinds of programmes
- - Listen to podcasts that interest you
- - Make the activity fun and relaxing
- - Use sources from both small and big media outlets
- - Don't worry if you don't understand every word
- - Use a dictionary if you need to
Discuss the following questions in English with a friend or colleague:
- - Is it important to know what is happening in the world? Why?
- - When was the last time you bought a newspaper? Do they have a future?
- - What, in your opinion, is the most trustworthy source of news?
- - Do you think that ‘fake news’ has become a problem? What can we do about it?